Do I need to be referred by a professional to access your services?

All of our wellbeing services can be accessed on a self-referral basis but for some activities, we may need you to register with a partner organisation like Livewell Kent depending on the services you are looking to access and the funding we have received.

When you register with us, we will need to record some personal data including your name, so that we know who is accessing our services.

Do you charge for services?

We aim to seek funding for our wellbeing activities to ensure that we can run the majority of them free of charge.

If there is a charge for our services, we will always make this clear before confirming any bookings.

Please note that our Affordable Counselling service is a paid for service and is provided at £20 per session.

What areas do you cover?

Our wellbeing services are available for people living in Maidstone, Ashford and Swale and the surrounding areas. On occasion, support may be available outside of these areas, but this is dependent on contracted work or specific funding and will not be the case for all of our services.

For more details on the different support available from Minds across Kent, you can visit

When are you open?

Our Wellbeing Centre on College Road is open from 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday. Our activities usually run within these times, with the exception of counselling which also takes place on a Tuesday evening. We recommend looking at our activities pages for more details on when you can access specific support.

Our phone lines and e-mails are only staffed between 9am and 5pm during the week, so please keep this in mind when attempting to contact our team.

Is there parking?

There is no on-site parking at our Wellbeing Centre in Maidstone but we are located near to public transport hubs in the centre of the town. Maidstone West and Maidstone East train stations are around a 10 minute walk from our building. We are also not far from the The Mall – where the bus station can be found.

There is paid for parking available at College Road Car Park which is just down the hill from our office.

Can you give me a diagnosis?

We are not a clinical service and this means that we do not have the ability to diagnose mental health problems. If you are looking for more clinical support, then we recommend contacting KMPT via their Single Point of Access service or speaking to your GP.

Are you a crisis service?

We are not a crisis service. If you need urgent mental health support, please contact NHS 111 and select option 2.

How long will I have to wait to access support?

Wait times are generally dependent upon the service which you are accessing as they each have varying levels of demand.

We always aim to provide people with the right support as quickly as possible but we ask you to understand that there may be a waiting period before some of our support is accessible.

Are you the same as Mind?

Although we are affiliated with Mind, the national charity, we are an entirely independent charity with our own accounts.

There are several local Minds covering Kent and although we work closely together, we are each independent from each other.

Can you help me fill in forms?

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you complete any paperwork. If you need support with this type of activity, please contact Citizens Advice.